Bride Sues Florist Over Wrong Flower Color

November 13, 2007

the-glatts.jpgElana Glatt, formerly Elana Elbogen, is sueing her wedding florist (she’s also an attorney) for $400,000 for “egregriously” failing to match the color scheme she had requested for her floral arrangements. The flowers cost $27,435.14. We can’t get over the fact that the lawsuit asks for more than $400,000 in restitution and damages. WOW!

According to the New York Post article:

Not only was the color wrong, Ms. Glatt said in the lawsuit, filed on Friday in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, but the hydrangeas were wilted and brown, and arranged in dusty vases without enough water.

Their pastel colors clashed with the linens, favor boxes, wedding cake and décor at Cipriani 42nd Street, the luxurious restaurant where she and her husband, David Glatt, held their reception, Ms. Elana Glatt said.

‘The use of predominantly pastel centerpieces had a significant impact on the look of the room and was entirely inconsistent with the vision the plaintiffs had bargained for,’ Ms. Glatt, a lawyer who practices under the name Elana Elbogen, said in the lawsuit, which she filed on behalf of herself, her husband and her mother-in-law, Tobi Glatt, who paid for the flowers.

Elana Glatt said they had reluctantly paid for the flowers in advance, with a cashier’s check for $27,435.14. She accused the florist of a ‘bait and switch’ scheme, and asked for more than $400,000 in restitution and damages for, among other things, ‘unjust enrichment’ by the florist.

We can see the emails now for those who want to stick up for her:

Dear dumpyourwifenow.com staff,

You don’t know this individual. You don’t know her life story. She is a woman, so you called her a gold digger, unaware of whether or not her husband approved or supported her suit.

Do you know what the whole suit entailed?

Perhaps she was advised by fellow lawyers to seek a certain amount in damages.

Maybe she paid for items that she did not receive.

Maybe they promised her a certain amount of flowers that they did not deliver. Are you so simple minded that you actually believe it was just about flowers that were the wrong color?

You are all judging an individual on limited information, based on her occupation, and gender. You should be ashamed of yourselves.”

Simply put, she is suing the florist for $400,000 when the actual value of the flowers was $27,435.14

Regardless of her background or profession, whether the florist got the color wrong or forgot to deliver the items, it just smells of greed.

We know Elena your day is valuable to you. It’s valuable to us too. We lost another good single man to the institution of marriage. But your day is not worth a half million dollars. And David (the unfortunate husband), when a pair of pants turn up missing from your dry cleaners, your wife will be there to sue them for millions thus driving them out of business. When your favorite Italian Restaurant closes because your wife found a hair in the soup, your wife will be there to sue them for millions thus driving them out of business. When your barber closes down because your wife didn’t appreciate them cutting your side-burns uneven, your wife will be there to sue them for millions thus driving them out of business. When all the modern conveniences in your neighborhood close down; it will indeed put a strain on your marriage. You’ll be nothing but a hungry man with wrinkled slacks and uneven side-burns. Do you think Elena will love you then? You’ll be yesterday’s news brother!

So David, to show our brotherly love for you; we would like to buy you a copy of the new and hard-hitting Brutal Divorce Tactics DVD collection. We got a feeling you’re gonna need it.

And to Elena, like the song says… you can’t always Glatt what you want.

, , , , , , , ,

Comments

9 Responses to “Bride Sues Florist Over Wrong Flower Color”

1. ellen on November 13th, 2007 5:02 pm

that is way too excessive suit settlement, it’s more than double the original cost of the wedding flowers.

2. Silvio on November 14th, 2007 9:50 am

My question is: Why the HELL did he marry?

I can’t believe that men nowadays still insists in this journey of hell and despair.

Well, in fact i know why:

1- She refuses to give s*x
    2- She offers quality s*x so you end up tied by her ******
    3- She threats to leave you
    4- She starts complaining a lot
    5- She starts to look at other men, or give hints that there’s other men around
    6- You cant live without her, because you are too weak, so you give up to her wishes

3. The Mighty Boom on November 14th, 2007 10:00 am

Just love the catch phrase ‘you can’t always Glatt what you want.’

Poor little Elena. Typically a suit like this would only reward cost (of flowers) and attorneys’ fees. There would be no punitive damages. Get a life Elena. Move along and have a nice life…..if you can.

Good luck David.

4. Clare on November 21st, 2007 11:08 am

See. I will be that girl.

There have been military strikes that span continents that will have less planning than my wedding.

5. RussellMania on November 24th, 2007 11:46 am

I wonder how long this marriage will last? If she’s going to sue over something as trivial as a color schematic of flowers, (who ******* pays $30 grand for flowers anyways?), I don’t even wonder when a real problem hits her marriage.

I am questioning the intelligence of the groom. How can anyone be that p-whipped?

6. Lindsay on November 24th, 2007 9:12 pm

Wow… How ridiculous! It’s women like this that make me ashamed to be one at times. If one must marry what ever happened to eloping?

7. Amy on January 9th, 2008 11:16 am

I am totally amazed that someone would spend a years salary on flowers to begin with. If and when me and my man get married I might steal some flowers out of the neighbors yard. I’m sorry, but if you are getting married for decent reasons you don’t worry about all that s**t. And sorry, he’s a total dumbass for marrying someone that superficial anyway. You guys wonder why you end up with S****y women who wont give it up? Because your pickers are broken. If a woman want’s to go ring shopping it’s because she is materialistic. Why don’t women allow a man to come to them with a ring he picked out, no matter the size, and realize it’s the symbolism behind it that makes it special, not the bragging rights to other ho’s? Be grateful you were proposed to! f**k a wedding, if I want to spend the rest of my life with someone, that’s all I want to do, not make it into a “look-at-me-i’m-pretty-for-one-day-pagent”. (no wonder i went back hetero!)

8. hen here on January 29th, 2008 6:51 am

Shame on this girl! She makes us all look like materialistic cows. Talk about a Bridezilla. Unfortunately my brother had a wife like that and he is still tormented by her even after seperation because they have kids. He should have stayed single or found himself a tomgirl like me. What can you do.

9. Alexandra on February 13th, 2008 2:48 pm

You know, as nutty as I can be about coordination…this is something so trivial. What’s important is that you’re presumably getting married to someone you love.

At my wedding, my husband was late, the sound system refused to work, Murphy’s Law seemed to be in effect…but you know what…it’s something to look back on and kind of chuckle. I’ve been married for 14 years now.