What Would Life Be Like Without Feminism?

January 12, 2007

woman-kicks-man-in-groin.jpgWhat do you think America would be like today if we never had feminism? And interesting question proposed by Cassius a Valedictorian Member of the Don’t Get Married Forum. Our brother nemo came back with quite an eloquent reply:

“Interesting question. It reminds me of historical science fiction novels where the CSA survived the Civil War or Germany won WWII, except in this case the good guys lost in the real world.

Let’s be more specific. Assume American women never got the right to vote. What effect would this have had on American and world politics?

1) No prohibition and no repeal. Women’s Temperance League members never get the vote. No gangster era in Chicago. Al Capone dies in a gangland shootout, and gets only a perfunctory notice in the obituary column. The Kennedys never make a fortune from bootlegging.

2) The era of profligate consumer credit that helped create the Great Depression is moderated because men have less pressure to kowtow to their wives’ lust for shopping. They prefer to buy beer instead. The Panic of ’29 ends by 1935.

3) The New Deal never includes Social Security – male voters do not allow a permanent liability to be assumed to solve a temporary problem.

4) The post-war Baby Boom would still be going on, and the population of the US would be over 400 million, with a lower percentage of Asians and Hispanics (recent immigrants) and a higher percentage of whites and blacks (descendants of less recent immigrants).

5) The UN wins the Korean War because male voters demand nothing less than total victory. Casualties are much higher, though. Mao barely keeps power after loss of face.

6) The ’60s don’t happen in the same way – less drugs, less s*x, probably less rock and roll [TOO BAD!]. The Pill is not accepted as an excuse for promiscuous s*x by the PatriarchyTM.

7) The Great Society never happens. Socialized medicine never gets a foothold in the US. Welfare is greatly limited. Welfare mothers remain a pitied minority, even in the inner cities.

8) The US supports South Vietnam after we pull our ground troops out. Saigon never falls. Communism collapses earlier because of increased US resolve and earlier Soviet economic implosion.

9) The space program keeps going after Apollo. Saturn V rockets and their evolutionary descendants keep flying because Vietnam is won, the Great Society never happens, and the prosperity of the ’60s continues for decades. Boys love their toys, and they don’t come any bigger or badder than moon rockets.

10) No JFK presidency because his dad never makes a fortune bootlegging. No assassination. No LBJ. The US military is allowed a free hand in Vietnam. The Wall in Washington is never built, but a traditional memorial in the Greek Revival style is built instead. The President of South Vietnam is the guest of honor at its dedication.

11) Nixon is still a crook, but his election to the presidency occurs in 1960 instead of 1968. He still resigns in disgrace. [We can't blame this one on feminism.]

12) The 1970s are not an era of drugs, stagflation, and national malaise. They resemble the 1950s, but with better electronics.

13) The Reagan Revolution never happens. He still becomes president, but in the 1970s. He still wins the Cold War, but the Great Society doesn’t need partial dismantling because it was never built in the first place. Iran kidnaps US hostages. The UN passes a resolution demanding their safe return. Iran says no. The Gulf War happens in 1979, except this time it’s Iran. A UN force occupies the oilfields of Iran and tells the Ayatollahs to play nice or their allowance will be cut.

14) The first manned mission to Mars occurs in the 1990s when a nuclear-powered manned spacecraft parks in orbit and sends down an Apollo-style lander.

15) The collapse of the Soviet Union in early 1970s allows Chinese reformers to “retire” Mao early. China becomes semi-capitalist a decade earlier. Hundreds of millions are lifted out of poverty.

16) The US responds to the oil crisis by drilling wells everywhere in US. Old Apollo vets from NASA are put in charge of solving the energy crisis. The US builds 500 nuclear reactors instead of 100. Three Mile Island never happens. OPEC collapses.

17) The collapse of OPEC causes the economic collapse of Saudi Arabia. The Bin Laden family loses its fortune. Osama is forced to stay in the construction business, and remains too busy working to feed his family to switch to the destruction business. 9/11/2001 is just another nice day in NYC.

18) Peace and prosperity sweep the planet, except for the former OPEC nations and Africa, which remains a matriarchy. The illegitimacy rate in Western societies never reaches double digits – peaks at 9%. The Moon colony graduates its first lunar-born high school class in 2003. Asteroid mining using nuclear technology allows Detroit to introduce the first Cadillacs with titanium bodies in 2005. Solar power satellites are launched by the US, but rented out to China. Panicky scientists fret that the reduction of coal usage in China may allow a second Little Ice Age to occur.

19) In 2007, NOW votes to disband. Its members are too busy fussing over numerous grandchildren. Also, they get sick and tired of being hit on by elderly lesbians at every annual meeting.”

In searching for yet even more answers of what life would be like without feminism, I discovered an interesting post “Too fat to live? Here’s why!” by Beartrap over at the Tops Victory blog. Beartrap believes we wouldn’t be so fat for starters.

“1. According to the American Obesity Association, 34.5 percent of Americans are obese; a staggering figure that seems to increase every year.

2. At the same time we have seen the percentage of women, both married and unmarried, who are entering the workforce swell from thirty-eight percent in 1960 to sixty-four percent in 2000 nearly doubling just as obesity rates have during the past 40 years!

So what’s the connection you ask? Well, back in the good-old days, women were the backbone of the American diet, cooking up wonderful meals made with fresh, healthy foods. In the modern, “liberated” world, women are too busy having careers and book clubs to concentrate on cooking, so one is left with only a few options to feed the family:

1) Fast food
2) processed foods
3) one could allow the kids, who will eat only candy and pizza, to feed themselves.

For some twisted reason, women are proud of this so-called liberation that allows them to work, but causes their families to bloat into jiggling tubs of inactivity. Liberation? Sounds more like subjugation…..to being fat!”

All in all, makes for a lively debate. I shall grab a yoo-hoo and look forward to the comments.

, , , , ,

Comments

26 Responses to “What Would Life Be Like Without Feminism?”

1. portnoys_complaint on January 13th, 2007 10:19 pm

It’s a Wonderful Life. Remember that movie? Jimmy Stewart goes back in time to see what would happen if he did things differently. One never really knows actually. The hypothetical history above does give pause for reflection. WEspecially interesting is the prohibition thing.

May I digress and inquire about the prohibition of hemp? Umm…here’s a link (leap.cc) to an association of 5000 cops and judges who think prohibition should be repealed.

Digression aside, it was an entertaining article.

Here’s another one:

In the year 2030, discouraged men disdraught at being marginalized and ignored by legions of hoary rugmunchers, no longer have the fighting spirit, because there is nothing thst they love left to fight for. As a result, Latino and Muslim machismo begin taking over. The shocked feminasty queens of hate are forced to submit into harems, etc. The men, don’t notice that the women are gone, since they have been misused and unloved all along.

In the year 2031 the men rally to rescue the women, on condition that the women change their evil ways.

Sorry, it is getting late so I’ll turn in now, to sleep, but my bed is empty as a barren femmiwitches’ womb. Aarrrgg! No I can’t stand it, I guess I’ll go out and see if I can scare up an old bag lady. Heh heh

2. Lixie on January 14th, 2007 10:04 am

It was Feminism that encouraged women to be sexually liberated, thus men are eternally indebted.

3. MrFlesh on January 14th, 2007 10:06 am

No it wasn’t feminism that made women sexually liberated. It was the free love of the 60′s and cocaine of the 70′s. And the Hip Hop / Rap scenes of the 90′s and today.

4. antifederalist on January 14th, 2007 4:19 pm

Since passing of the 19th ammendment (removing the restrictions on women voting) the country has engaged in the second world war, the Korean war, the Vietnam war, two wars with Iraq. We have seen a massive growth in the goverment with the New Deal and the Great Society programs. In fact we haven’t seen a reduction in the size of government since the 19th ammendment except 1946 when World War 2 ended. I am not saying that all of this is the fault of women but they sure haven’t use their votes to make the U.S more free or more peaceful.

5. Reverend Porkchops on January 14th, 2007 4:23 pm

Changes to law must occur first for feminism to have a chance to spread like a disease. Feminists have always worked to change laws from the very beginning until today. The first and foremost feminist victory was changing the US constitution to allow women to vote, that was the first domino that started the whole bus load of c**p heading downhill at breakneck speed without any brakes into the abyss.

Without granting women the right to vote, hypothetically speaking, I think the US would contain about 25 times more wealth than currently, and about 1000 times less debt than is currently. I say that simply because the feminist agenda has sucked down massive amounts of financial resources and wasted them into oblivion, which has made the US poorer than it could be and deeper in debt than it should be.

Feminism’s cost to the USA has got to be somewhere between $100 trillion to $200 trillion dollars over the last 80 years — that’s the difference between where the USA is today financially and where the USA would be today financially without feminist laws.

But, I guess some feminists said that there was some husband somewhere in America that was abusing his wife, so we needed to change all the laws, starting with women’s right to vote, so we can help stop that man from abusing his wife. $200 trillion wasted down a black hole becasuse someone started the ball rolling by claiming a new law would save an abused woman somewhere in America, as the liberals always say, “If this new law just saves one _______ (insert woman, children, panda bear, etc.) it was well worth it”.

6. Khankrumthebulgar on January 15th, 2007 3:06 pm

Feminists or Femifascists will insure the financial collapse of the US. They are too stupid or selfish to take Economics into their unending demands for more and more resources. They are mentally children without any concept of limits or reality. Collectively since Feminism has come into existance we have aborted 1,000,000,000+ Children worldwide.

This is the most evil Movement in modern history. In terms of the innocent lives taken. It eclipes Pol P*t, the Khmer Ro*ge, Mao TseT*ng, Joseph Stal*n, H*tler, Atilla the H*n, etc. It is akin to a Religious Cult. Denying Human biology, Reason, Empirical Evidence, Logic and Science. It is a form of Mental Illness. And it is plunging birth rates everywhere it is being embraced.

7. Master of My Domain on January 15th, 2007 6:03 pm

One evening years ago, my then feminist wife and I were getting into bed. As the passion started to heat up, she eventually says, ” I don’t feel like it. I just want you to hold me and experience the joy of independent womanhood. You’re just not in touch with my emotional needs as a woman enough for me to satisfy your physical needs as a man. She responded to my puzzled look by asking, “Can’t you just love me for who I am and not what I do for you in the bedroom?”

The next day I opted to take the day off of work to spend time with her. We went out for lunch and shopping at a an upscale department store. I walked around with her while she tried on several expensive outfits. She couldn’t decide which one to take so I told her to take them all. She wanted new shoes to compliment her new clothes, so I said let’s get a pair for each outfit. We went to the jewelry department where she picked out a pair of diamond earrings. She was excited. She was almost nearing s****l satisfaction from all of the excitement. Smiling with excited anticipation she finally said, “I think this is all dear, lets go to the cashier.”

I blurted out, “No honey, I don’t feel like it. I just want you to HOLD this stuff for a while. You’re just not in touch with my financial needs as a man. “Why can’t you just love me for who I am and not for the things I buy you?”

8. ingrid on January 25th, 2007 12:39 am

Wow. Astounding leaps of logic. I’m glad that you all have it figured out.

Things were *much* better for my grandmother who had an abusive husband who was also a child molester. But hey, at least the family was not obese.

Yes, women really wrecked it for everyone when they wanted to be considered equal.

There are jerks in both sexes. There are also lovely people in both sexes.

Peace to you.

9. Curiepoint on January 25th, 2007 2:42 pm

No, they wrecked it for everyone when they started considering themselves more equal than others.

10. Shauna on January 27th, 2007 10:30 pm

When I think about the way things have changed, I think about two things; we can either start blaming women for everything (or indeed, feminists/femnazis/or whatever you’re calling them nowadays), or we can start looking at things realistically.

Stuff like WW2, Vietnam, and other wars were all mostly due to pressures that boiled over. Even if women have the right to vote, many do not, and your vote isn’t worth much when it comes to something that involves an electorial college, or, say, the fact that you’re voting for the lesser of two evils, both of which will do simliar things when elected.

To say that feminism is the reason for all the evil, destruction, and chaos in society is putting up a big flaming strawman (or should we say strawfemnazi?) and then attacking it.

If you look at society today, many of the socialized medicine and social programs to help people without money/health insurance are what keeps the poor in America (a whopping 20-30% of the population) as well as those who are uninsured (accounting for even MORE!) from being completely without healthcare.

Due to HMO’s and big business (mostly built up completely independently from feminism, let’s say it was more capitalism’s doing), the common person in this country is pretty screwed.

Also, looking at credit card debt and other things; we can’t simply blame this on the people with boobies. People are being taught to be consumers. We don’t have “consumerettes” and “men”.

While I do think that gender roles are pretty screwed up, I am really happy that people like my husband can be comfortable with acting more “feminine” if he so chooses without reproach, or that I can go out and support him with my income while he goes to school.

Additionally, without women’s rights, it would still be legal for a husband to r**e his wife; and I don’t think that r**e is good for anyone. Women who are forced to stay at home are at the mercy of their husbands for money and are often less well-educated. I believe that having better educated women allows for society to be better educated as a whole. Even babies and children being raised by women who are well educated tend to do better in school, have higher grasps on vocabulary, and are related to in a way that behooves good development.

Don’t worry about women rising up to become femnazi lesbians. After all, I can tell you that I probably couldn’t stand half the s**t of living with another typical woman. I prefer to be around guys because they’re easier to understand, to relate to, and to otherwise take care of. If I make dinner or invite them to a movie night, I know I won’t have to sit through tear-jerker s**t that makes my eyes bleed. While I do have some lovely female friends who don’t fall into the “annoying woman” category, I find that there are way too many women who do.

I do, however, think that the choice of women to get abortions, as well as to have gynecologists, and awareness about their bodies, how they work, and their freedom to explore their bodies.

To respond to an above poster, I think it’s really awful that your wife would tease you like that; telling you that she doesn’t want s*x after getting you all riled up.

I think that some women just get off on that kind of power trip; but usually, it’s because they have problems with their own self-esteem.

And for the record, I hate shopping for clothing and shoes and c**p like that. Makeup? It rots your skin. And yet, I’m surprisingly good looking and I have a husband who I am lucky to be with.

The reason I CAN pay for myself, why I can take my husband out to dinner or buy him a gift, is because I *DO* have a job. I could *NOT* do anything special for the man I love if he had a job but I wasn’t allowed to because of my s*x without spending *HIS* money to do so. That’s unfair and stupid. Why should I be forced to stay at home and be a housewife when we don’t have any kids, and he’s going to school? Why shouldn’t I support him when he needs it? Why shouldn’t I make his life easier?

And about the healthy/unhealthy food thing? It’s not hard to have a healthy diet and lifestyle in today’s world. You just have to pay for it. Either time or money is the cost, and since I’m lucky enough to live in the “produce capital of the US”, I can get good food for low prices. And most people go for the most bang for a buck, and that’s just plain unhealthy. I’d be more likely to blame that “more is better” attitude on consumerism.

In conclusion, I think that there were some very very prominent driving forces other than “those evil femnazis” to cause things like WW2, prohibition, etc.

Believe me, just getting the right to vote doesn’t mean you’ll do it, or that the society you live in suddenly becomes ok with you being “liberated.”

Remember, when black people first got the right to vote, hardly any of them did it due to pressure from white people and simply the fact that they had never had such a right before.

Feminism, true feminism, is about equality, which means more rights for men AND women; rights to be able to knock down gender roles, and to choose what you want in life.

And I think that such a goal is a wonderful thing.

11. Khankrumthbulgar on January 28th, 2007 9:46 am

Older Men myself included I am now 50. Recall a US culture that was imperfect but Sane. What we have now is chaos. And an Engine to create a society full of future criminals and a permanent underclass. We have allowed a L*****n led hate movement to destroy Family Life, murder a Billion children Worldwide. And now the US has 7 million people on parole, probation or in Prison. This is an explosion in our Criminal Justice system. Maybe the fantasy Movie “Escape From New York” is not too far off. We have removed Millions of Fathers from Families. Are medicating 20% of US School Boys with Kiddie Cocaine (Ritalin). The US consumes 85% of the World’s supply. And now the US Federal Government wants to screen all US Children for Mental Illness. These a******s have done enough damage.

12. Reverend Porkchops on January 30th, 2007 6:05 am

“Additionally, without women’s rights, it would still be legal for a husband to r**e his wife; and I don’t think that r**e is good for anyone.”

These new laws recently passed are just feminazi stormtroopers invading the sacredness of the marriage bed, and it’s now re-defined “marriage” from a legal perspective. It’s another reason why a man today should think long and hard before he ever invites the government and their feminazi stormtroopers into his bedroom. It’s almost getting to the point where a man will be better off and safer to grab a box of c*****s and visit a prostitute. The feminists at N.O.W. are working diligently to legalize p**********n everywhere in America, so once the feminists at NOW get p**********n legalized everywhere in America then the marriage rate should plummet to near zero.

13. Shauna on January 30th, 2007 3:05 pm

“When a woman marries a man, she is essentially consenting to s****l intercourse with said man, thus it’s impossible from a legal perspective to charge a husband with r****g his wife. These new laws regarding husbands being legally culpable for “r**e” of their wives are just assinine. It’s equivalent to the feminazi stormtroopers breaking into a husband and wife’s bedroom and violating one of the most sacred places — the marriage bed.”

She may be consenting to be with the man for the rest of his life, but I don’t believe any of the marriage vows includes “s*x whenever husband wants it.”

If you look at the overwhelming majority of r**e statistics, r**e occurs between people who know each other well, and less than 9% of all accused rapists go to jail or suffer any recourse for their actions.

To say that once you get married that your body belongs to someone else regardless of what you want is awful. Let’s say that you’re tired and don’t want s*x. Maybe you have the stomach flu or something. And your wife suddenly pushes you down and tries to have her way with you. Or maybe you’re sleeping but you have an erection, and you wake up to wifey on top of you doing what she wants to get off. For some people this is not an erotic surprise, it feels like you’re being used, and it’s especially not fun if you’re female and your husband rapes you often because he wants children but you don’t.

I can’t speak for all relationships, but there are a lot of idiots out there who get themselves into bad relationships that make me shudder to think about.

Even if I am happy or have a good relationship and never have to worry about being r***d by my husband, it doesn’t make it universally true.

Bottom line, your body should never belong to another person to be taken advantage of; no matter what your gender is.

There are still laws out there in a few states that makes a woman the PROPERTY of her husband after marriage (i.e. not considered a person with full human rights) simply due to her s*x.

While I don’t agree with “bull-femnazi-laws”, I do think that basic ideas such as the freedom not to have one’s body used (regardless of gender) by another person without consent under any circumstances is a good idea.

After all, just look at the c**p that gets done to people in other countries without human rights laws. Women murdered/disfigured/beaten within an inch of their lives for looking at a male person. Men who are killed for saying something flattering to a woman by a jealous or offended husband/father/brother.

Bottom line is, being in a situation where someone does something to you that you do not want done to you, even though you’re in a committed relationship, is still bad. If anything it hurts worse to be taken advantage of by someone who you care for because there’s a lot of trust there that gets broken.

And, as we can see when it comes to r**e laws and other laws of the ilk, it pretty much does nothing for convictions anyway. But for the sane, average, and intelligent man, it does give one pause to deter oneself from behaviors that may lead to hurting the very one person that they love.

And don’t worry, guys, this stuff goes for women too. Women who take advantage of their husbands or significant others, are just as much scum in my book who should be prosecuted and punished every bit as much as male offenders.

14. pmydkm01 (A Female) on February 4th, 2007 11:34 am

Of course, Rev. Porkchops is “infallible.” Denying the right to choose government representatives, who represent EVERYONE in the nation, to roughly half the nation’s population would make the world a better place. Good job on figuring that one out. Don’t know if you’d feel the same were us men in women’s shoes. Your little brain probably couldn’t comprehend it. Logic must be too much for you.

(Yes, my personal pet peeve is people who generalize on a daily basis without thinking and blame what’s wrong in the world on one thing they don’t like because of bitterness. Complainers are a pain in the @ss. I have no mercy or patience for stupid people like that. I agree that radical feminism is bad, but so is unheeded and radical masculism. Gender egalitarianism is the way to go. If you don’t like the way society is headed because you can’t stand men and women striving for equality, I strongly suggest you move to mainland China. They love them some inequality.)

Khankrum, as for your argument, from where do you get your astounding pieces of evidence? I think someone has a little obsession with hyperbole.

15. pmydkm01 (A Female) on February 4th, 2007 11:49 am

All right, sue me for commenting twice, but I had to comment on Beartrap’s argument at the bottom of the post. The reason why obesity has climbed is not because of women in the workforce. It’s because of bad choices and men not learning how to do anything to take up their share of the burden. Take this story for example. I had a female coworker who had two sons. She also did the traditional motherly things like laundry and cooking, etc. One night, she worked overtime, thinking that the kids and husband would find some way to feed themselves. After all, it was just one night. No. She came home at 9 to find them all huddled around the TV and complaining about no food. This is the type of people I hate. They see a problem but don’t do anything to find a solution. Could they have maybe called in a pizza? Could someone have taught them how to cook so something like that would not happen? The answer is yes.

Even now, women who do the traditional stay-at-home thing don’t necessarily have thinner, healthier kids. It’s the foods that one CHOOSES to eat, not the lack of time to eat healthful foods. Also, Americans increasingly have a sedentary lifestyle because of the invention and easy access of electronics and kids entertaining themselves, regardless of whether their moms are working or staying at home. Life wasn’t always peachy in the “good old days”. We’re just looking at the past through what we know of it, surgically attaching the rose-colored glasses to our face as we do so. Men who correlate the degeneration of society with women being liberated to go out and make their own money are just Mama’s boys who don’t know how to do things for themselves. Pathetic.

16. cherry_jujube2 (A Female) on February 4th, 2007 12:10 pm

I think Shauna says it the best. The rest of you just want a scapegoat.

17. Mike Hunter on February 14th, 2007 10:13 am

“Gender egalitarianism is the way to go. If you don’t like the way society is headed because you can’t stand men and women striving for equality, I strongly suggest you move to mainland China. They love them some inequality.”

Finally the voice of reason. The problem is that people tend to at least listen to radical feminists or even moderate feminists while totally ignoring the systematic discrimination in our legal system towards men. If a woman complains about the “glass ceiling” in her workplace people take note.

But if a man complains that marriage laws, child support laws, abortion laws, abandonment laws, the retirement age, s****l harassment laws, attitudes about violence, parent leave regulations, etc. are sexist and discriminate against him; then people either look at him like he’s crazy or make light of the situation. Sexism both towards men and women is a equal opportunity oppressor. But society as a whole doesn’t seem to understand that.

18. Lucky on February 18th, 2007 5:50 am

Incorrect my small-minded selfish child thinking female nazi friend(s):

MEN ARE THE SCAPEGOAT

PERIOD

19. JP on March 6th, 2007 4:34 am

I don’t see how women have destroyed our economy with womens lib. I might not like women too much myself (in fact at 24, I’ve pretty much sworen them off and been forced into a life of celibacy. I guess I just gave up but, hey, if your an average looking guy and not a male model out here in L.A. in this day and age, then I’m confident you’re on the same level as I am.

To go so far as to say they “destroyed our country” is BS. Put that blame where its due; large companies cutting health care and retirement for there employees, so there stocks will go up a quarter of a point; outsourcing, illegal immigrants, the war in Iraq (which by the way we are now over 4 trillion dollars in debt over and we borrowed most of it from china), religious extremism (yeah the christian neo-con extremist just as much as bin-laden and his bunch), the near destruction of the Bill of Rights (thanks Bush!), the patriot act, ect.

Yeah I dont agree with a lot of the divorce laws out there either, and yeah there are quite a few bloodsucking women out there who will squeeze the life out of a man. I know. trust me. As I said, I grew up in southern California. While I do have the hottest pool to pick from, the majority are crazy or in love with themseleves. So no, I will never get married. And I was one of the nice guys. To go so far as to say that women ruined our country is stupid. Think before you talk.

20. frank on April 24th, 2007 11:07 am

I always believe moderation is the key. I don’t know if feminism had destroyed america but I believe that feminism had made certain groups of women better off, but most women worst off and as a society, also worst off. Let me explain… What we have in today’s world is the full swing of the feminism pendulum to the extreme end where their mission is to descredit men. We can all compare statistics and scientific facts, what not – but even these are being challenged. As a man, I can tell you how men feel in general so maybe women can listen for once without making remarks. Afterall, aren’t women the ones who always listen while claiming that men do not? This is my first point in fact….I am saying let’s look at some non scientific, non statistical pool for once; look at the general feeling of society towards men. Why? Because if men are respected in this society, there will be alot more respect in return!

As we stand today, men are shown in TV commericals as doofus dads, boyfriends… men are often shown to be dumb and losers, while women are shown to be smart and resourceful…all in the same commerical! And what’s with women kicking guys as way to solve problems in movies? Why do I present this? Because it is out there for everyone to see, right now! This has very important implications and that is… in this society, men are silly and doofus-like and not to be taken seriously and therefore, no need to listen to them.

Don’t even let me start with the 200+ women only colleges! So if you ask me, I would say, we are better off without feminism, because feminism has caused more damages than it has helped women!!!

21. James on August 5th, 2007 11:26 pm

pmydkm01′s posts have no evidence supporting anything. She sounds like a 15 year old women who found a dictionary. I particularly loved the way she berates others in her comments. She speaks of her hate for generalizations and then says it’s the fault of every man for being lazy and not taking up “their share of the burden.”

The burden being their wives, of course.

22. (female reader) on August 14th, 2007 10:10 am

I think Ingrid said it the best. My great grandfather left the whole family never to be seen again. My 95 year old Gram still gets tears in her eyes talking about him. My grandfather was an alcoholic & on the other side Grand-dad killed himself. The women were always left to pick up the pieces & hold it together for everyone. I have a friend AND his Dad who both killed themselves. I have seen cowardice men yet I don’t chalk it up to all men being cowards.

I will NOT resort to being bitter & not liking all men & making generalizations as you all are. It’s ludicrous. There are strong, wonderful women AND men & damn awful ones also. You are limiting your lives with your bitterness & taking yourselves to the level of the women who hurt you. Get over it already.

23. Economist on November 11th, 2007 8:54 pm

I think that the Hart-Cellar Act of 1965, the immigration reform act of the Great Society that ended preferences for Northern European immigrants, would have never passed if the 19th Amendment was not ratified. As LBJ or JFK would have never been elected president, America would have stayed a white-black country with stable demographics (i.e., close to 90% White). If only White men could vote, the majority of them would not have voted for their own demographic displacement.

24. Smithe on December 14th, 2007 11:43 am

Ah…women and “security” go hand in hand, and they still demand it regardless of feminism, and are willing outright to give up everything for it.

25. Luna on December 28th, 2007 5:28 pm

All right. I see your point.

But putting the blame on entire gender? No. No. You say that wars happened after women got their rights?

Well, excuse me, but wars happened BEFORE women got their rights, as well. Civil War? Revolutionary War? What happened to those, are they non-existent? Later wars happened NOT because of women getting rights, but because of increases in technology, laws that no one liked being passed, and other countries’ personal issues. Don’t go putting all the blame on one s*x. I’ve known good and bad people, on both sexes. My father is a wonderful man, my mother is a wonderful woman. Life without feminism? Think ‘pre-civil war’ with technology. Not so great, and morally wrong. It’ll be slavery all over again.

26. Amanda on January 4th, 2008 6:44 pm

Wow that was long and I’m tired. Point you seem to be making is that giving women the vote was a big mistake and we are all liberals that want war and bigger government/more subsidies and programs. Right?

Wrong. Many do. The Hillary crowd is all about it. But male democrats are the same way…It’s a party issue not a gender issue.

So, I will use this chance to say that I am a woman, and I support RON PAUL, who will end the war, reduce taxes if not end the income tax, get rid of useless federal programs/entire departments, etc. I’m sure many of you will say he’s crazy but I don’t care. I want a smaller government and less taxes. Oh and I’m also in favor of legalizing drugs and ending the drug war, and I’m against abortion and gun control! Really!

To the whole “feminism made us fat” idea… I just have to laugh. What about feminism makes single guys eat fast food like twice a day because they are too lazy to cook real food? My boyfriend does it and I’m ready and willing to cook GOOD healthier food. You guys just like meaty burgers. Even married men eat fast food during lunch breaks and on the way to work…so it’s not just that women aren’t cooking dinner anymore. Open your eyeballs.

Men AND women are fat these days. Why are you not getting that?

Maybe we should all be vegetarian like me and we wouldn’t have such a huge problem with this ;o)